Exciting News Monday 12th April
We have gone live today with our Blue Tit nest box camera, there is a lot of activity going on today, probably as it is such a cold day.
The link will be there 24/7 and gives us an insight into the lives of the blue tit pair.
Coop Charity Support
The Friends of Warnham Local Nature Reserve (FoWLNR) is now one of three causes in our local community which Co-op Members can select to support between now and 23 October 2021. The more members who select us and shop with Co-op, the more funds that FoWLNR will receive via them.
We encourage you to become Co-op Members and select FoWLNR as your cause. You can join online at coop.co.uk/membership or by downloading the Co-op app to your mobile device. Simply sign-in to your online Co-op account, choose a cause and select Friends of Warnham Local Nature Reserve.
When you buy selected Co-op products and services, 2p for every £1 spent goes into your membership account. Co-op will split the same between like-minded organisations and local causes. If you do not select a cause to support, Co-op will share the funds you raise equally between the 3 causes in your community.
The Heron’s Rest café reopens
GREAT NEWS, the Herons Rest has reopened on 29th March 2021, and will be open every day from 10.00 until 16.00. Last orders for hot drinks is 15.45
This will be a “door service” only. There will be a limited amount of outdoor seating available. The visitors centre, however, will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Please wear a face covering (where appropriate) at the door when ordering your beverages. We have the NHS test and trace process in place and we ask that our patrons either use the QR code provided or complete the paper form provided.
Our full range of drinks and snacks will be available, but we ask if you can please pay by cards rather than cash.
Reserve Current Opening Hours
The reserve will be open daily from 10.00am – 17.00.
For the safety of all our visitors, the following measures have been put in place.
- Access to the reserve is via a temporary path leading from the main car park.
- For your own safety, please DO NOT try to access the fenced construction area surrounding the new Discovery Hub building.
- To ensure adequate social distancing, a one-way system around the reserve is now in place. Please follow the signs and remain 2 meters from other visitors at all times.
- Please do not block the paths or set up equipment which can affect other people passing safely.
- The hides remain closed.
- One toilet will be open for everyone to use, please follow the on-site signage.
- Car parking space will be limited, so please walk to the reserve if you are able to.
We would ask all our visitors to help us keep the reserve open by following these safety measures. Public health remains paramount and we do reserve the right to limit our visitor numbers to maintain adequate social distancing.
Please note, for the time being, the reserve will be FREE to enter.
The Friends continue to oppose the Rookwood proposal. Please read more.